We find ourselves privileged and a little proud to have been asked to close this year’s Stoke Newington Early Music Festival. On 17 July we will travel north across London to perform a programme of German Baroque Masterworks at the Old Church, Stoke Newington at 8pm. The programme is
- Bach Cantata 132 (Aria 1st movement)
- Schütz 3 soprano pieces with ensemble
- Instrumental pieces by Johann Janitsch and Dietrich Buxtehude
- Buxtehude 2 soprano pieces
- Bach Complete Cantata BWV 84, Ich bin vergnügt mit meinem Glücke
Soprano Emily Atkinson is the solo soprano and the ensemble is directed from the leader’s violin by Hazel Brooks. Tickets are available from Eventbrite. Visit stokenewingtonearlymusic.org.uk for full details. See you there!